Followers

Thursday, January 5, 2012

New Year 2012

" BE AT WAR WITH YOUR VICES, AT PEACE WITH YOUR NEIGHBORS, AND
   LET EVERY NEW YEAR FIND YOU A BETTER PERSON."

  ~ Ben Franklin ~



      WINTER GUESTS

I'm never sad when days grow short and blooming season ends;
when mornings wake up  kissed with frost and leaves pile up again.

I scatter seed on the ground each day when I arise,
and keep a hopeful gaze alert for guests from the skies.

They may not wear a dazzling blume, or sing the loudest song,
but I know they're here to stay for all the winter long.

Throughout the frigid crystal months, of solitude and snow,
they come on brittle, sleety days, or when it's 10 below.

I'm never sad when days grow short, my happiness depends
on knowing that the table's set for all my Feathered Friends.

~ Kathleen Ernst ~

Total Pageviews