Followers

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

March / Time to Get Moving Again.

 Now that we are getting into a more pleasant time to walk and take good care of our health, we should take the time to do what makes us healthier.  The sun fills you with vitamin d, a very important supplement for your overall health, walking helps your balance and your figure, and eating right helps you to live longer with less illness.
 I saw a program the other night that says all you have to do to help your own health is watch what you put on the end of your fork! You are what you eat ~ so eat healthy foods to maintain your body's efficiency and do some walking to make strides for better health.
 Walking is my exercise program and has been for nearly 6 yrs. now. It is one of the best workouts around and although it is not exotic like many other fitness fads, it is FREE! and it is something we can do every day in our own neighborhood. Walking is linked to a lower risk of Type 2 diabetes, heart disease, and dementia. My walks clear my mind and helps me with daily stress, I center the walk on my needs instead everyone else's - it is for me! Walking improves blood pressure, cholesterol, stress and depression. Walkers reap the benefit of losing weight, too! I lost 50 lbs. doing it.
 It is recommended that adults get 30 min. of moderate-intensity exercise five days of every week. Brisk walking counts so to benefit your health, boost your walking workout as you progress. A quicker walking pace turns your stroll into a cardiovascular exercise, but if a half hour of brisk walking is not feasible for you just start small. Just walk for 10  min. three times a day until you can handle 30 min. of continuous walking. Make it fun, too. Walk fast for a minute and then slow for a minute or modify your walk to suit your own lifestyle. I walk in the evenings and my goal is to add
2,000 steps to my day either brisk or moderate, I just do it.  Remember this, Walking really welcomes everyone with open arms, so take a stroll and help your body to remain flexible and strong.

Food for Thought: Friendly Foods - High in fiber, moderate in potassium and phosphorus per serving -
 Bell Pepper - raw,  Cauliflower - cooked,  Tangerine - fresh, and Green Beans, cooked. Seek out foods that will help you to maintain your healthly lifestyle. Keep foods in sight that you Should Eat!

Words of Wisdom: Enthusiasm and passion are two main ingredients for achievement.

Total Pageviews